Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Digital Design Work!











So here is my digital design work for my final project which ties into my future plans !!

Okay, so originally I had bought my favorite car in the world, the Honda S2000 Roadster. I specifically wanted it in white as it was an "open canvas" to me for my own work!
I had a heck of a time finding a white model with solid black interior since there are only about 30 of those brought into Canada a year (this was when they were being produced).
My model is a 2006 model. My digital design project tied in nicely, I had been wanting to design decals (original work) for my car, and was going to make it on a model, and then this project came up to give me the incentive to actually go and DO IT!

So what I did was I started off with making my own version of the "Great Wave" piece and did it in a more contemporary and simplistic design. I then drew it onto my car and colored it on. I then last minute decided to add some cherry blossoms that flowed towards the wave. I bought the s2000 car model (unfortunately its a 2002 model ..can't find anything newer then 2003) and I painted it..this took a few weeks and was just horrible. I can't believe people ENJOY doing that, it's so tedious....I lost my patience quite a few times with it...
80$ model
200$ paints

Then I bought some decal paper, and decal solution and printed my decal designs
18$ decal paper
7$ solution

I finally got everything together, took it outside and photographed it. I then made a wallpaper that's made to almost be a "sales pitch" idea/appearance them thing. It's now done! I will post up the photos and the progress, please check below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment